I went to the OCA dark site in Anza, CA on October 21st with a pretty big list of targets for the night: M33, IC434 and NGC2237… I was hoping I could at least spend 2 hours on each target. I started with M33 but it is not the first one I will present here as I am not really satisfied with it yet. Fortunately, IC434 is much more adapted to the Field of View of my 500D on the AT65EDQ.
Technical details are listed below the image!
- Date: October 21st 2011
- Camera: Canon 500D Baader Modified and CP30T-EOS Cooled (Sensor maintained at 15 C – Exif temperature: 15 C)
- ISO: 1600
- Exposures: ~ 3 hours total of 600 s subs
- Mount: Losmandy G11 Gemini 2
- Imaging Telescope: AT65EDQ
- Guiding Telescope: Mini Borg 50 w/ SSAG
- Calibration: Darks, Flats
- Stacking: DSS
- Final blending/processing: Adobe Photoshop CS5